Sunday 11 September 2016

Compression

Today I talked to my tutor to see if I'm on the right track in terms of incorporating psychological processes into animation *breathes because long sentence. Thankfully I am → psychological loops.
I told him how I wanted to incorporate a TV fuzz to suggest the user trying to remember or interpret their dream/ nightmare. He mentioned that over time things get distorted and slowly lose their quality or meaning. E.g. Constantly compressing a photo causes it to lose its quality. Recalling a memory that occurred years prior that have been remembered differently over time etc.

I realised this also happens with blood lines. (this isn't a fact.. At least I don't think it is. Rather my thoughts and how I think it works.) e.g. The Maori bloodline. The last full blooded Maori passed away years ago, but their are still people with Maori blood in them (me for example). Slowly, but eventually the Maori blood within my children's children and so on will dilute and won't be as strong as say my Nanas. I suppose this can be another way of looking at things losing their meaning, quality, etc.

I can use this idea in my animation as the quality decreasing within the animation as it plays out or even over lapping frames to show it becoming unclear. Distorting the original scene or by slowing losing it's quality or becoming dimmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment