Saturday 3 September 2016

Brief Run Through 002

Objectives of the Project:How do you know if you’ve done a good job? How will you measure the quality of whatever the end result will be? 
I feel like even a rough stage of the animation would show it's completion as dreams/ nightmares are rarely vivid. Even when they are vivid, they soon enough become fuzzy & forgotten.

What do you hope to get out of it? Is it purely for enjoyment? Are you trying out new techniques? Is there a particular skill you’d like to improve on? 
I hope that..people will feel uncomfortable ? It's kind of a stink way to put it, but I know if I were to watch my own experimental animation of with aspects of nightmares, I wouldn't think of nightmares. Horror or psychological thriller would most likely come to mind. But that's just what a nightmare is, only on screen, move vivid & ..someone else's nightmare or weird idea to scare people.
I don't think I will be trying out new techniques. I did think of implementing a light of sort, like a light house loop to circle back to the 'camera' with each recurring dream. I think this will be achievable in after effects. But I'm pretty useless in after effects! A skill I'd like to improve on is animation itself as well as planning. I've been doing animation for a while now, but I've never been good at it. Planning would be great to get better - simply to get things done on time without too much stress.

Who are the target audience? As an experimental film, this could very well be highly personal. But it doesn’t matter how weird or esoteric your project might be, there will be an audience out there for it. Try to think of what that group of people might be.
Target Audience would be 18 and over. For children it may scare them, whereas adults have more experience, obviously with dreaming as well as watching horror movies. That could relate to the animation by triggering something that they saw in a horror movie or even in their own nightmares. Nightmares are very personal things, but all have similar traits. So I would try to convey this disciplinary for everyone to be able to relate to.

How can you utilise your existing knowledge of animation, design and narrative principles to enhance the appeal of the project? 
I can definitely play around with the animation principles as nightmares are out of the ordinary. So uncanniness can definitely come into play. This would work well with playing around with timing or trying straight ahead from time to time - to mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment