Monday 19 September 2016

Animated Assets 002

I'm still rather new to water colour, especially digitally. I had a go with some water colour brushes that Mikayla shared with the group. They look, alright? But I know I can do better and make them look a lot more appealing. Perhaps by adding more colour or contrasting colours into them.
These concepts are simply trying out the brushes and colours. I added a white border to show my idea of them being 'cut out' from a book. It doesn't work just yet as it would look more tied together once compiled with the environment. The red mushroom looks more 'watercoloured' than the other mushrooms.

I had a look at some water coloured mushrooms to get a better sense of what to do. These mushrooms don't have an outline, but I think our game will do better with objects that have outlines if in the foreground. Elements within the background can probably go without outlines, so the focus is more on the fore and mid grounds. 




I will try more complex approaches to watercolor the mushrooms in photoshop. Even if it is a tad too complex, simplifying it shouldn't be too difficult. Trying different brushes will also help determine the look an style of the object, so I will try as many as I can.

References
https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-illustration-watercolor-illustration-mushrooms-colored-orange-cap-boletus-butterfly-image58171282
https://www.etsy.com/market/mushrooms_watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment