Saturday 3 September 2016

Brief Run Through 001

I've been slowly going through the brief to fill out parts that are required for our own write up. I just hope that I'm on the right track! I've done quite a bit of research (well I think) & I feel like I can incorporate my own thoughts & views on dreams / nightmares to complete this assignment.

Dreams

Your brief must include a short statement (approx. 100-200 words) summarizing the discipline you have chosen to integrate into animation. 
Dreaming occurs when the unconscious mind is at work. When the user is sleeping, dreaming comes into place. These dreams can range from experience in reality, things that the user feel will happen in the near future and also what the user is afraid of or what they are afraid of that may happen in reality. These are just a few examples of what the unconscious mind dreams about. It is different for everybody as everyone is unique and has their own share of experiences and knowledge. 

Creative Process:
What aspect of your chosen discipline are you going to integrate into animation? 
My second disciplinary comes under Psychology. I have chosen 'dreams' or more specifically 'nightmares'. 

How will it integrate into the animation process? 
I will take the elements of nightmares functions and apply them to the animation process. These elements include recurring nightmares, so loops in other words. Symbols or objects changing within each loop. The animation would start off quite vivid & will slowly go fuzzy & eventually will fade out with a few clear (ish) images. The reason for this is that we remember our dreams rather clearly when we wake up, but over time they become fuzzier. 
Nightmares are caused by anxiety & stress, so if I were to turn my experimental animation into a narrative based animation, I would better incorporate these traits. 

How will you generate ideas and content? 
I will thoroughly think of the cause of nightmares as well as the elements within nightmares to brain storm ideas. I say I have a good understanding of nightmares as well as dreams to pick out the main functions of dreaming. 

At what point will you know the project is “finished”? What will mark the end of your process? 
As dreaming is a never ending cycle for the unconscious mind, I feel that ending an animation would be best to simply fade out or stop after a few cycles/ loops. For a narrative based animation, would be when the character has accepted the recurring nightmare which would be when the nightmare fades away or becomes a 'positive dream'. 

Will you need to do anything extra to the animation to “package” it in an appealing way? 
At this stage....I am not sure yet. 


The next area to cover is the Scope of the Project which I haven't really thought about.

How long will the animation be?Right now, I'm looking at a minute? I want to keep it short & to the point. If I have narrative
 to it, perhaps 1 minute 30 seconds.

What software or other animation tools will you be using? 
I will be using flash & maybe photoshop & after effects.

What format will it be in? Will it just be a digital video, or will it need to be played in a specific environment (physical or digital)?
It will definitely be a digital video.

Will you need to source any extra equipment or resources to complete the project? If so, have you considered how you will source them?
Nope & nope :)

What other restrictions or parameters need to be considered? 
Uggh, good question..I'll come back to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment