Thursday 15 September 2016

Combining Disciplines

On Monday we had to mash two disciplinary exercises that we have gone over this term. I chose patterning and comic book remix. Taylor and I painted up abstract backgrounds and swapped the files.
The illustration/ animation had to show what society looks at it's happiest.
I didn't put much thought into it & found it challenging. I tried to see what images I could make out of the abstract background whilst keeping in mind what we had to show.
I wanted to put my nightmare character in the illustration. The image is of 'Nightmare' being applauded. Nightmares are seen as bad things, but after researching about them, I understand that it's simply ourselves trying to say 'open your eyes and accept'. Perhaps 'Nightmare' did some good. It's not really showing 'what society looks at it's happiest, but it is a positive image :)


No comments:

Post a Comment