Tuesday 8 November 2016

Completed 'Dead' Backgrounds

YAY! I've finished both sections 3 & 5! (The dead state at least) The most difficult parts were the trees, Taylor gave me a hand as I wanted it to look similar to the style of the trees she's painted. The trees took a while, but I finally did it!
The layers are all separated into 2 backgrounds and a mid-ground which consists of where our sprout character will be running along.
For the foreground, it will just be a repeated silhouette that Taylor painted for the first section. The foreground is not so important, so repeating it is cool :) (not shown in my images below.


Close up of the tree after Taylor helped me. It's a lot more interesting and rounded a lot nicer.

Section 3 Complete

Section 5 Complete

Here are images of the sections broken up into layers.

Section 3 broken up into png layers


Section 5 broken up into png layers


Our goal was to have the 'dead' background done by this week, so we can start on the 'alive' background. I think it'd be best for Taylor to do an alive background first before Mikayla and I dive in seeing as we want to keep the colour palette and style consistent just as the dead background. Taylor is doing quite a lot of work at the moment though which is putting everything into Unity and basically putting it together. She's doing such an excellent job!! I will ask her if she can paint up a quick one over the weekend so I can make a start for next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment