Monday 31 October 2016

Backgrounds for Team Sprout

I wanted a break from the first background section I was working on, so I started the other section I'm allocated to doing.
As I drew up the steps of the branches for the slanted tree, I didn't want to make them to similar, but not too different at the same time. It already looks a bit too convenient that the branches are so evenly spaced out. Jo suggested making one branch slightly longer, for variation, but I thought that if the player were to jump on to the very end of the branch, they may fall down as the platform might not go that far or the player might head butt it while jumping up. Basically, it could end up tricking the player.

Taylor shared her progress of the first section in Team Sprouts facebook chat and the layers aren't as detailed as mine. Only the first layer being the midground has detail, while the rest is a silhouette. The group prefers the silhouette version over the detail fading as it gets further into the background (my first section I painted up). I was a bit guttered as I spent quite a lot of time trying to put in detail and to get it right, but as the group prefer the silhouette, I went over my detailed paint up in a matter of minutes. These things happen though and it will lessen the work load. Before I realised this all, I had already painted up a tree slightly further in the background, but I'll have to go over it with one colour....bummer, I like the way I painted. I can always save it for something else.
We all like Taylor's paint up of the first section, so I'm trying to get as close to it as possible.

My first section


My second section. I still have a lot more to do in this, but I'm getting there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment