Monday 31 October 2016

Team Sprout Background Process

Oh dear, I didn't realise we were supposed to be blogging for this part of the assessment! (Thank you Jo for the reminder!)
So, basically what I've been doing is working on sections of the backgrounds for Game Sprout's game. Taylor, Mikayla and I are working on sections of the background. I asked Taylor what section should I work on and she said I could choose. I first chose the two trees with the fire as I'm not comfortable with underground parts and trees are pre cool.
We each allocated sections as we definitely don't want to double up and we need to know exactly what it is we are painting. We took the level design that Tea drew up and have gone over it so it is clear to each of us of whose doing what section.

I'm quite slow at digital painting as it's still quite new to me and I'm not sure what methods to use exactly. I've been taking my time with this section of the background as I want to be careful with layers. We are working with parallax so having the different layers are very important.
Taylor cut up the level design mock up and cut it up so the sizes are even. Basically so that when we go to piece all our painted backgrounds together, it'll match up. I went over one of my sections rough out the environment, basing it off one of Taylor's concepts and colour picking as well.

I quite enjoy painting environments, but trees are something I still struggle with. Taylor gave me a hand in terms of making the tree look more rounded (in the final image) and getting the lighting from the fire animated. I went over the trees more once she gave me a head start and I cleaned it up more.





The animation of the light from the fire is a tad fast, but I'm just showing this for progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment