Thursday 17 November 2016

Alive Backgrounds

On Saturday, I started painting up the alive versions of the background sections I've painted. I'm so glad Taylor showed me the clipping mask tool! It helps soooo much.
Taylor showed the group her alive background for the first section and I've colour picked from it. This helped me get most of it done on Saturday.

In terms of the trees in the midground, where the character will be walking along, I have to paint over the trees to better match up with Taylor's. Rather than having the norms of brown trees, they will be green. This is a better contrast with the once dead background and it looks a lot more lively.

First I colour picked form the pathway and coloured over the tree and changed the layer to 'linear light' This helped me see the detail of the tree underneath . The green doesn't match up with Taylor's, so yesterday I started working on the trees and colour picking from Taylor's painting. It's coming together really nicely.

Taylor turned some of her trees into Pohutukawa trees and I'd like to implement other native trees/ plants. For the section where there is a tree by itself, I will add yellow to suggest that it's a Kowhai tree. It wont look exactly like one, but different colours at least would be nice. I'd also like to add some flax bushes as well (without over cluttering!). As well as more things in the midground like a mushroom or flowers :)
Section 3



-Add plants in midground
-Finish midground tree

Section 5

-Finish trees in midground
-Add more plants in midground
Add leaves in trees in background.

I will aim to finish these by Wednesday at the latest, so I can pass them on to Taylor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment