Tuesday 30 August 2016

Nightmare

On Monday we got given the task to create a character out of our chosen disciplinary. My second disciplinary is turning more towards nightmares than the broad 'Dreams'. It was really fun making the characters!!

But ok, so like the top left one looks like a sheet over a tomato. The skull concept reminds me of Ghost Rider. The star just. What. The right concept looks like a chili worm and the bottom right looks like someone experimented on Pikachu. The top right ...Idk. Just. I was on a drawing roll...buuuuut not a good one.


SO I want with the 3 horned character concept which I based on Gastly, who is a ghost type Pokemon (and one of my favourites!! YAAAS).

The 'horns'on the head represent part of a star while the head is like a moon. In recurring nightmares, there is a repetition of an item. For the character it can be seen as the 3 horns 'repeating'.

And because I'm hella original, my character is called Nightmare. His ability is giving people nightmares by flying through them. Flying through the victim gives Nightmare all the knowledge of what the victim is afraid of along with all negative thoughts the victim has had in their lifetime. The nightmares loop in said person's head, but it changes ever so slightly each time it recurs.

I couldn't think of a final coloured version, so VARIETY. Perhaps depending on how strong the Nightmare/ Creature is, will depend on the colour. Yellow being a pre chill nightmare, but the kind of nightmare that repeats an embarrassing event reflected from reality. Light blue being something the person is worried will happen. Dark blue is the same as light blue, but more realistic. Purple is about a loved one that has passed on. Red is what the person is scared of.
So I'd say mainly stay away from Purple & Red D:

No comments:

Post a Comment